i forgot about this. i wrote it in chalk on the side of a building once.
and then i figured out what it means to me.
first off. i think he says "i dont feel at all like i "thought""
so what it means to me is that you meet someone that you think you like.
a significant other or a good friend, whatever.
and then you realize that youre making a mistake.. that youre not onctent
with your decision to associate with this person in the manner that you
are currently associating.
so you dry up the land between you.. building a desert means you suck all
the livelihood out of the situation until nothing but vultures survive.
just my take