wow, i stray from email-dom and the list for awhile, and this is what we
have.  shite.  the whole indie/emo/hardcore scene is such a disgusting
fashion show.  im just now realizing it more.  i once thought that
individuality had alot to do with this        so-called scene, but its the
same as any other.  i was in a college town this past weekend, and i think
the bars full of mindless, preppie, rich kids had more individuality than
say, kids at a make up show.  ya know...they shop at abercrombie & fitch and
jcrew because theyre everywhere, its easy to do so, without a second thought,
they just dont know any better.  but it seems that people in the indie scene
go to great lengths to find the kind of clothes and style that helps them
"fit in".  sure i know plenty of people on both sides of this coin, and thats
fine with me.  some of the most amazing people i know would be looked at
strangely for showing up to a rocket from the crypt show with their wardrobe
from the local mall.  sure, malls are disgusting but judging someone by their
style of dress is more so.
okay, somehow this has strayed, but basically the indie scene, and all the
other little music scenes are all the same.  cliques are all the same.  and
too many people try to get their style down, just to fit in somewhere.  it
becomes obvious when youre trying too hard, especially when youre not
confident, and when you really dont have an identity of your own.  right now
im wearing grey new balances, dark blue carhart jeans, and a yankee tshirt i
got at a thrift shop like 6 years ago.  oh yeah, and boxers from banana
republic.  id like to know what music scene you think i fit into, and i bet
you that youre dead fucking wrong.
thank you all so much for reading my lil' rant.  its always fun.
peace xo
bp
and i like this part too, more people should do it, the "now playing"
section...
np:  the jam : "sound affects"
       ...and the already classic...
       peanut butter wolf : "my vinyl weighs a ton"