"Joe Pearson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe everyone already knows this, but I just discovered that
> whenever a IE5 user visits a page in their "Favorites", IE5 also trys
> to GET favicon.ico from the same site.  Therefor I have hundreds of
> "File does not exist:"  errors in my log file.

I noticed this a while ago, but I don't see how this is a problem. It's not
like returning 404's is really that big a deal for the server. The privacy
issues of broadcasting to the server whenever the user sets a favourite is
perhaps a bit worrisome though.

Can the gimp save .ico files? How big and what colours etc does IE5 expect
these to be anyways?

--
greg