At 15:10 22/11/1999 -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
>Why not just create a 10Mb large favicon.ico file for their
>convenience? ;-) ;-)

I played around with that idea, but most ICO files are really small, and it
seems that they thought of that and do not download if it is over a few k
(perhaps even less).

>Or you can just use mod_rewrite or some such to redirect them
>elsewhere to pluck up that icon and never see it in your error log.

I just rewrite to empty_file.ico. 0k to send, no error.

>Hmmm. I guess you could also write a mod_perl module to do that.
>(Which would make this message topical for this list.)

yeah, why not create nifty little meaningless icons on the fly :-)

.Robin
Earth is a beta site.