John> Well if you're going to generate your HTML on the fly, URL mangling
John> isn't too bad. HTML::Mason and probably the other embedded perl modules
John> would allow you to more selectively and consistently place session id
John> into your HREFs and the strip session code from the Eagle book is very
John> easy to implement.
John> Your options are limitless, have fun!
John> John
John> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was actually looking at a PerlTransHandler that I'd drop into
my site-wide files that would do something like the following:

        my $uri = $r->uri;
        if ($uri =~ s#/@@(\d+)@@/#/#) {
          $session = $1;
          $r->uri($uri);
          $r->header(Session => $session);
        }

This way, a session ID could be generated of the form

        /some/path/@@123456@@/foo/bar.html

And could be universally included in *any* URL handed to the user, but
only those things that generate HTML and wish to maintain the session
would notice and re-include $session = $r->header(Session) in their
strings.