> There will be at least 50 similar tags.. so I'm not parsing for just
> couple of tags like HTML::Template..
> I may implement IF/LOOPS/etc.. but not until I see the need.

It might be too late to do this, but what if you convert everything to
one tag. I can better explain by example:

Instead of
> <ADVERTISMENT id=252>
use <INSERT type=ad id=252>

Instead of
> <NEWS_ITEM id=92834 bgcolor="#0066FF">
use <INSERT type=news id=92834 bgcolor="#0066FF">

That way, you can use a logic very similar to what I assume is in
HTML::Template -- I've never used it -- and you get the IF/loops/etc
logic for free.

ELB

--
Eric L. Brine  |  Chicken: The egg's way of making more eggs.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  Do you always hit the nail on the thumb?