At 10:10 AM 11/10/99 -0800, Ian Mahuron wrote:

>As per someone's suggestion I'll ellaborate on what's in the HTML...
>
>Insert code for advertisment (there's 1,000's of different ads on the
>site.):
><ADVERTISMENT id=252>
>
>Insert news scroller:
><NEWS_ITEM id=92834 bgcolor="#0066FF">
>
>There will be at least 50 similar tags.. so I'm not parsing for just a
>couple of tags like HTML::Template..

Ok, so you aren't really parsing the HTML at all, just looking for custom
tags in it? In that case, just use s///.

>I may implement IF/LOOPS/etc.. but not until I see the need.

Those introduce more complex problems.

>I've written up a few test benches for HTML::Parser.. it works ok, but it's
>not as fast as I would like it to be.

IS there some reason you don't just use HTML::Mason?
Mark Cogan                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Director of Engineering                 +1 520-881-8101
ArtToday                               www.arttoday.com