> Sorry to bug you all, and i appologize for my "level" of expertise and
> questions regarding all this, but here is my silly question of the day:
>
> But i have the need to update/modify my @INC, which currently includes
> the following:
> @INC =
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00502
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
>
> Some perl modules have installed under ../i386-linux-thread that i
> believe i want to include in the @INC. What is the best way to add that
> directory to the array? I know i can do it with a use () or require ()
> but i would like to do this in a general way, in such that a perl -V
> would give me that directory. I have read much of the documentation for
> perl, mod_perl, and embperl and have seen a few ways to do this on the
> fly but not quite the way i want it to work - in other words i would
> like the additional directories to always be included in the @INC.
>
> Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can set the PERLLIB environement variable, or do a "use lib" at the
start of your program, but I am not sure if you will get happy with this,
because things going to be installed unter i386-linux-thread are compiled
for a threaded Perl and i386-linux things are not, so you may endup with a
SIGSEGV.

I think it would be better to reinstall everything you need, so it goes to
the right directories.

Gerald

> Regards
> --
> Michael B. Weiner
> Systems Administrator/Partner
> The UserFriendly Network (UFN)
> --

>      * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151