> Am I the only battling service vendor who actually feels good when
> somebody bookmarks my website ?
> I can absorb the overhead of accesses to a favorites icon.
> This may be a security hazard for the client, but I detect a
> holier-than-thou attitude here against M$.
> Will somebody tell me why this M$ initiative is bad, other than for
> pre-determined prejudices ?

Maybe we're getting tired of MS initiatives, such as the very rude
offline site grabbing IE5 does, the crude implementation of this
favicon thing, the fact that IE5 replaces error messages with its own
if they aren't at least 512 bytes or something, er, the list probably
goes on a bit. Sure we can deal with all that, but at our cost and
sweet time.

--
Eric