Speaking as someone who works for an ISP, anything that obscures (by volume)
genuine errors is a Bad Thing. The error log is a useful diagnostic tool
only if you can see the errors. Yes, you could filter out the requests
before examining the file, but the point is MS is making more work for
people by being thoughtless.

Further reasons it's a bad idea
        * It's not standard
        * It's a specific solution to a general problem, and therefore
fragile (i.e. it breaks too easily)
        * It's a quick hack rather than a genuine initiative (which would
take effort)

Stephen.
--
<disclaimer type="std">
The views expressed are personal and do not necessarily reflect those of