"N. Blaine Morgan" wrote:

>  >    # Generic apache directives to make asp start ticking.
>  >    <Location /asp/>
>  >       SetHandler perl-script
>  >       PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>  >       PerlSetVar Global /tmp
>  >    </Location>
>
> When I commented out the > # PerlSetVar Global /tmp
>
> I it worked.
>
> I though .htaccess overrode settings in the srm.conf

I glad you got it working.  It can be quite an ordeal
the first time. :(  The .htaccess doesn't do anything
unless you have configured somewhere to enable .htaccess
with

  AllowOverride All

I tried to put this in some visible place, check out:
http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/config.html , also the
CONFIG section of 'perldoc Apache::ASP'

CONFIG

               Use with Apache. Copy the ./site/eg directory from the ASP installation
               your Apache document tree and try it out! You have to put

                 AllowOverride All

               in your <Directory> config section to let the .htaccess file in the
./site/eg
               installation directory do its work.

               If you want a STARTER config file, just look at the .htaccess file in
the
               ./site/eg directory.

If you have any better ideas on how to document this, I'm
all ears.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA