At 01:12 04/12/1999 +0100, Victor Zamouline wrote:
>>Talking about "let's do something" topics on the mod_perl list is a waste
>>of time, unfortunately... The motto of this list regarding new things is
>>"think it, implement it and give it"...
>
>This is somewhat too straightforward, Stas. Look - I only suggested there
>should be another name and another logo, and we have already had the "Eagle"
>proposition from Ged, and the watermarks samples at
>http://b179a.studby.ntnu.no/mod_perl/watermark/ from Salve.

I agree that it's a bit straightforward. It's true that a lot of "let's do
that" talks lead to nothing, but if you've got an idea and lack the time to
make it concrete I think it's still worth sharing. You never know. At least
you may get comments that'll play together innocently at the back of your
mind until you have time to get the idea done.

>The Eagle idea sounds really strong and symbolic behind ModPerl, and the
>graphical image of it would be highly customizable, portable, simple and
>color-independent. Many sites will thus accept to host the logo on the front
>page, and many books will reveal a mystery behind an appealing eagle image.

I like the Eagle as a logo, but less as a name. Btw, the only anagram I
found to modperl is Meld Pro, which is a bit lame (well, there's also Drop
ELM, but...).

.Robin
James Joyce -- an essentially private man who wished his total indifference
to public notice to be universally recognized. -- Tom Stoppard