> 1.) 'PerlModule' ( eg. srm.conf ) or 'use HTML::Embperl'

> startup.pl) both
> don't work! But if I leave it - no problem! Is this a special
> "Win32-behaviour"?
> I read some mails from the archives that I'm not the only one who has had
> that
> problem. But why do I need it when everything runs (fast) without it?

Compile mod_perl with PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK as Randy pointed out

> 2.) What's behind the sceenes? Am I sure that everything runs fast enough
> when
> there are 500+ ... users concurrently request the
> via-EmbPerl-dynamically-generated
> pages instead of 5-10 testers ( only one server process and one
> single-threaded Perl
> interpreter )? Can I simulate the "real life" (or calculate it if not)?

Apache comes with a tool called "ab" which can be used to stress the server.
I only have used it on Unix so far and I don't know if you can compile it on
NT (it's in apache_x.x.x/src/support)

> 3.) Is it worth about thinking to turn to a Unix system?

Since all mod_perl requests on NT are serialized and Unix can handle
multiple processes simultaously, all your perl script will perform better on
Unix.

> 4.) How can I test (and protocol!) performance, CPU-usage ... on
> Apache/Win32?

NT has a Tool called "Systemmonitor", this could be used to monitor such
things.

> 5.) I tried Apache::DBI to access DB2 via ODBC but it was not faster than
> accessing
> it by using just DBI (maybe the internal cache from ODBC/DB2 ?). Now I
> connect and
> disconnect every time within the apache module - but it is so fast !!!?

Apache::DBI saves the time to connect to a database, some databases doesn't
need much time to connect, then there isn't much saving, others like Orcale,
need very long for every connect (2 secs on my PIII 350Mhz), so you can't
really work without Apache::DBI.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151