----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Kobes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Rolf Ohnmacht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: Win32+modperl+EmbPerl - some questions ...

> > 1.) 'PerlModule' ( eg. srm.conf ) or 'use HTML::Embperl' ( startup.pl)
both
> > don't work! But if I leave it - no problem! Is this a special
> > "Win32-behaviour"?
> Hi,
>     I've seen a similar problem before on Win32 - try compiling
> mod_perl with the PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK flag set, which you
> can do by adding
>
> #define PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK 1
>
> to the top of src/modules/perl/mod_perl.h.
>
> best regards,
> Randy Kobes

Thanks a lot, Randy!!! I recompiled mod_perl with that flag, and now
PerlModule/PerlRequire/Use ...
work! Apache comes up, and everything seems fine so far! But I don't know
how this flag
influences whatever. If that works for all Win32-systems and has no bad
side-effect, I suggest
that it should be inserted into the distributed 'mod_perl.h'-file - thinking
I'm not the only one having
this problem ...

Rolf