Hi there,

For the last 2 months, I've been using Apache::Session::DBI on a Solaris 2.6
box (with the semaphorelocker nsems value set to 16) to store session
information on a busy web site. Unfortunately, things seem to have gone
awry, specifically with the tie:

tie %SESSION, 'Apache::Session::DBI', $cookie,
        {       DataSource => 'DBI:mysql:mydatabase',
                UserName   => 'user',
                Password   => 'pass'
        };

The connection to the database ties up a mySQL thread, and each time a
session tie is called, the httpd daemon handling the request doesn't let go,
so the mysql thread table gradually fills up to the maximum limit set.
(Sorry for the horrible grammar)

All other database connections for the site seem to work as normal.

I'm running Apache 1.3.9, mod_perl 1.21, Apache::Session 1.03 and DBI 1.13.
I've seen similar behaviour before when the tie to %SESSION was predeclared
with "use vars qw /%SESSION/" rather than "my".

I'm at a complete loss as to what might be going on, especially in the light
of the development Linux box (running the same versions of everything as the
Solaris box) working perfectly well.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Many thanks,

Chris