> It could really enhance your integrity if you also
> presented honest evaluations of the downsides of Perl.
> The promotion of Perl on this site is so ubiquitous and
> one sided, and Perl has such a bad reputation in many ways,
> that somebody like me has a hard time swallowing the sunny
> prognostications and finally diving in, unless I see
> full honesty.  The language itself is hard enough to swallow.
> Just a suggestion.

You are not the first to say this, we've discussed this already, no need
to do this again.  Adam Pisoni has summarized this thread in his wonderful
"Popular Perl Complaints and Myths" document. Please read it at:
http://perl.apache.org/perl_myth.html

Please move the thread to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have a nice Perl :)

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com