Jason,

Using both 'EMBPERL_LOG /dev/null' and 'EMBPERL_DEBUG 0' will do the trick.
Without redirecting EMBPERL_LOG, embperl will always try to open
/tmp/embperl.log on its first use. I consider this a bug and a security hazard
(writing anything blindly to /tmp can have potentially lethal side effects,
eg: user foo puts in a symlink from /tmp/embperl.log to anything owned by the
user running the server and that file gets embperl logs appended to it!).

The log file is tied to at a few different spots within the code. None of
these check the setting of EMBPERL_DEBUG before tying to the log. They should
only tie to the log if the debug setting is not zero.

Regards,
Christian