> The file gets created even if EMBPERL_DEBUG = 0 is set in 1.2.0. The
> Changes.pod from
> 1.2.1 doesn't indicate that this problem was corrected, so it
> should still be
> present.
>
> Try setting EMBPERL_DEBUG = 0 and not setting a EMBPERL_LOG (so
> it is set to
> default). Make sure the /tmp/embperl.log doesn't exist before starting the
> server. Start the server. The log won't exist. Request a page that uses
> Embperl. The log file will now exist.

ok, you are right. I found the bug. Seems like I indrocuded it sometime in
the past, while im rearragend the setup of the request.

You could try the following: In file epmain.c in function SetupRequest about
line 1786, there is call to OpenLog, place

    if (pConf -> bDebug)

in front of it, so it looks now like:

    if (pConf -> bDebug)
        if ((rc = OpenLog (pCurrReq, NULL, 2)) != ok)

            LogError (pCurrReq, rc) ;
            }

Now Embperl should be quite!

Gerald