(with appropriate changes to unload DSOs after shutting down perl, of
course).

I still get memory leakage - that's not terribly surprising - but it is much
less.  It's on the order of about 24K/restart and is probably the fault of
some module - my guts would be DBD::Pg.  I'll play around with that later.
It's small enough to show that the idea is workable.

Restarts are also a bit slower, unsurprisingly - there's a lot more to do.

Then we have the fact that this currently removes PerlRestartHandler
functionality and goes far beyond PerlFreshRestart.  Those are a big issue -
those will HAVE to work differently depending on whether or not mod_perl is
a DSO.  If not, they can continue to work as before, but if it is they will
never be invoked.

I'll clean up the patch and fire it off later this weekend, if Doug doesn't
get a chance to look at it before then.

Dan

|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |