> (with appropriate changes to unload DSOs after shutting down perl, of
> course).
>
> I still get memory leakage - that's not terribly surprising - but
> it is much
> less.  It's on the order of about 24K/restart and is probably the fault of
> some module - my guts would be DBD::Pg.  I'll play around with
> that later.
> It's small enough to show that the idea is workable.

Sounds good :-)

> Restarts are also a bit slower, unsurprisingly - there's a lot more to do.
>
> Then we have the fact that this currently removes PerlRestartHandler
> functionality and goes far beyond PerlFreshRestart.  Those are a
> big issue -
> those will HAVE to work differently depending on whether or not
> mod_perl is
> a DSO.  If not, they can continue to work as before, but if it is
> they will
> never be invoked.

Maybe we could test some variables inside Apache to determinate if it is a
restart or real start and invoke the PerlRestartHandler accordingly, also it
will still make a difference, because in the DSO situation, we start with a
fresh Perl.

> I'll clean up the patch and fire it off later this weekend, if
> Doug doesn't
> get a chance to look at it before then.

Great!

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151