On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 08:13:41PM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> right, that's one of the reasons restarts are a noop for mod_perl by
> default (not including dso-magic)

Makes sense.

Here's a question - an apache patch should be able to mark the module
as not-to-unload (although since it should be
not-to-unload-unless-removed-from-config it would be a bit more
complicated than that - still not impossible).  But is that worthwhile
or should we just adjust to being unloaded if built as DSO?

> > Then we have the fact that this currently removes PerlRestartHandler
> > functionality and goes far beyond PerlFreshRestart.  Those are a big issue -
> > those will HAVE to work differently depending on whether or not mod_perl is
> > a DSO.  If not, they can continue to work as before, but if it is they will
> > never be invoked.
> >
> > I'll clean up the patch and fire it off later this weekend, if Doug doesn't
> > get a chance to look at it before then.
>
> Doug is slowly crawling back from the death flu :-/
> I'm think about releasing 1.22 as it stands in the cvs tree, since it's so
> long overdue, and bang out the dso issues from there.  as much as I want
> to cure the dso problems, I don't want to introduce new problems the
> currently stable static configuration.

Understood - good idea.

Which reminds me - the CVS instructions linked from perl.apache.org no
longer work.  Is there a public CVS archive still?  Where did it move?

Dan

|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |