There's another way. We can't build pre-compiled modules easily,
but even when you code in C or Java, desassemblers can extract
some source from the binaries you deliver. As far as perl scripts are
concerned, a workaround consists in trivially removing all comments
and \n from the source, which makes it as hard to understand as
raw C desassembled code.