At 04:05 PM 3/31/00 -0800, Cliff Rayman wrote:
>I just tested my keep-alive via telnet as you suggested.
>I am using embperl and mod_perl.
>I was able to make three separate requests on the same connection
>without a problem.
>
>Here is a copy of one of the headers:
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:59:53 GMT
>Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 mod_ssl/2.4.8 OpenSSL/0.9.4
>Set-Cookie: GWCUID=ad912cb7a7e771d1; domain=.genwax.com; path=/;
expires=Friday,
>31-Dec-2010 14:00:00 GMT
>
>does yours come back with:
>200 OK
>Connection: Keep-Alive
>Keep-Alive: timeout etc..  ??

what were you fetching above? an html static page or a dynamic
perl generated page? My problem is making connection keep-alive
on perl generated pages.

for static web pages yes i get same one like that
but for dynamic perl generated pages (with PerlSendHeader On) I get:
200 OK
Connection: Closed

Of course I have to make my  wn http header when I set
"PerlSendHeader Off" but with same effect
connection is closed on dynamic perl generated pages.

also, im sure the perl pages are executed as mod_perl as evident
by the existence of the "my() subroutine problem" assosiated with
Apache::Registry