Sander van Zoest wrote on  Wednesday, April 05, 2000 2:45 AM:

> His article works, but isn't entirely accurate as I have already e-mailed
> Lincoln Stein about the issues. He claimed to discuss them in his follow
up
> article.

Could you please email me a copy of your msg to Lincoln about the
inaccuracies?

> Most players support m3u's and icecast. I would suggest encoding the audio
> in either 24kbps. (33kbps isn't a valid bitrate, you probably meant
32kbps)

I did mean 32kbps. How low can you go to get acceptable quality for just
voice? Most information in voice is less than 3,500Hz or so I think. If you
sampled that at atleast 7-8 KHz it would represent a bit rate of 64KHz
without compression.

> I would suggest just creating a bunch of m3u files that can then be played
> while looking at the slides. icecast is usually used for radio like
streaming,
> not on-demand streams.

This means you can have a link to the appropriate m3u file on the html page
containing the corresponding slide correct? So with this approach the only
thing you won't have is automatic advance to the next slide when audio
finishes, which should be no big deal. The user still can manually navigate
thro the slides. This is easy enough that I can set up a couple of trial
slides at my web site.

Bakki Kudva
Navaco
(Electronic Document Management Solutions)
phone: (814) 833-2592
fax:      (603) 947-5747
http://www.navaco.com/