On 12 Apr 2000, at 13:26, Gagan Prakash wrote:

> I have been looking for mod_perl virtual web hosting companies
> who have fast servers and good infrastructure but the two I have
> found so far have either had problems with their mod_perl setups
> (they installed the module, did not change apache configs or
> changed them incorrectly) or have been very slow. These two are
> www.123hostme.com or www.olm.net.

I have used iserver.com for the last 4 years.  There were
iserver before Verio bought them.   I just installed mod_perl on
a server where I used it for some database work. The response
time is excellent.

But .. but if you want instructions on how to install modules on
their virtual server, use the instructions here (don't use cpan
or vcpan .. but use their install of base mod_perl):

http://www.iserver.com/support/addonhelp/proglang/perl/modules.ht
ml

Notice this on that page:

> Installing Perl5 Modules Yourself
> The content on this page is adapted from Answers to Some Perl/CGI
> Questions, by Bekman Stas.

I would highly recommend iserver (I don't know about verio).

Peter

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick