On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 12:28:41AM +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:

> > > I like the mod_proxy module in reverse httpd accel mode, but
> > > am interested in having some nicer failure capabilities.  I have
> > > hacked in this kind of stuff before but was wondering if anyone
> > > had any official patch for this kind of stuff.

<snip>

> Hmm, cool ideas folks. The problem is that you probably should ask for
> this at the mod_proxy list if such a beast exists. Unless the authors of
> the module are lurking around mod_perl list. Correct me if I'm wrong, I
> like the idea and I like it to be implemented too :)

I'm on the new-httpd list (as a lurker, not a developer :-). Any ideas,
patches, help porting, etc. would be more than welcome on the list.
Mod-Proxy is actually kind of in limbo, there are some in favor of
dropping it and others who want it. I guess the code is difficult and
not easy to maintain and thats why some would just as soon see it go
unless someone steps up to maintain (redesign) it. There are some
working on it and apparently it will survive in some form or another.
Now would be a perfect time for anybody to get involved in it.

--
Friends don't let friends use Windows.

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Admin - riverside.org                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>