I have the requirement to set up a number of testing
environments on the same machine, in order to prevent having
to run 20 copies of apache I want to try to do this using
virtual hosts. The problem I am running into is that it is
very likely that there will be different copies of the same
in-house modules in the different environments. With the
modules being cached in memory this causes some problems.

The only way I can think of is to have the different modules
in different packages, however this would mean I would have
to change the scripts and modules every time they are
deployed in order to make them match the environment.

I have a environment variable with a unique environment name
under every virtual host, so I wondered if I could do
something like:

script:   use My::$ENV{ENVNAME}::Module;

module:   package My::$ENV{ENVNAME}::Module;

Could anyone tell me if this is possible in any way as I
cannot get it to work, or if there is another way of
achieving this.

Kees