At 11:18 AM 5/17/00 +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:
>On Wed, 17 May 2000, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
>
> > I am curious as to why you don't care for 20 different apaches? If you use
> > a mod_proxy front-end, it should be relatively easy to manage 20 different
> > apache's on the backend, especially if you use variables to start them
> > up.  There is another command line parameter that can be used to trigger
> > different code in the same conf file (so that they start on different
> ports
> > for example)...
> >
> > In addition, a solid part of testing mod_perl modules consists of running
> > in single process mode (ala -x parameter)) -- which is invaluable for
> > finding cached code conflicts.. You won't be able to do this if
> everyone is
> > using the same apache.
> >
> > BTW, this would be a good addition to the guide -- how to manage a
> mod_perl
> > development environment with more than 1 developer (eg 20 in your case)
>
>Both questions are already answered in the guide:
>
>Kees' original:
>http://perl.apache.org/guide/modules.html#Apache_PerlVINC_set_a_differe
>
>Gunter's suggestion:
>http://perl.apache.org/guide/control.html#Starting_a_Personal_Server_for_E

:)

Excellent!

One thing though is that both these suggestions actually tie together to
solve a practical problem: Managing Multiple Developers yet are located in
two different chapters.  I think these sections belong where they do, but
perhaps a separate discussion linking these sections (and any other
relevant ones) would be useful.

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Extropia - The Web Technology Company
http://www.extropia.com/