> i am able to set breakpoints no problem with 5.6.0 (perl-current,
> actually).  i would suggest stripping back your Perl config to something
> simple (i tested with b Apache::Status::handler) and make sure
> require Apache::DB/Apache::DB->init is the first piece of Perl code to
> run.

Thanks heaps, Doug--moving require Apache::DB/Apache::DB->init to the top fixed it!

Previously I had 'use Apache' 1st, which worked fine under the "old" version... It's
funny the things that change between versions, isn't it? In fact, Apache::DB is now
working better than before--I used to have some subs outside of modules that wouldn't
break properly... now they work fine!

Is anyone aware of any specific reason not to switch to 5.6.0 with mod_perl for
production machines (other than just 'in case')?

--
  Jeremy Howard
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]