On Fri, 19 May 2000, Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Thanks heaps, Doug--moving require Apache::DB/Apache::DB->init to the
> top fixed it!

kool!

> Previously I had 'use Apache' 1st, which worked fine under the "old"
> version... It's funny the things that change between versions, isn't it?
> In fact, Apache::DB is now working better than before--I used to have
> some subs outside of modules that wouldn't break properly... now they
> work fine!

right, because Perl decides at compile time if a subroutine call should be
dispatched to the debugger, which it won't do unless Apache::DB->init has
been called (similar to what -d switch does on the command line)

> Is anyone aware of any specific reason not to switch to 5.6.0 with
> mod_perl for production machines (other than just 'in case')?

we've hit a few problems, but 1.24 should have them ironed out. can't
promise there won't be more though.