Hey dudes, new poster here.

I've got a project which the client has said 'no mod perl' but only cgi
and perl. They've got a really powerful machine, but are 'afraid' of
using mod_perl (because of memory issues, administration etc).
Performance should not be an issue.

I also have an employee who knows ASP and some perl. I know that if the
person writes the web module from scratch (using CGI.pm and perl only),
it will take about twice as long as it would with Apache::ASP. So I need
to know if I can run the ASP environment without using mod_perl.

I've checked out historical postings and noticed that some people
(Lincoln Stein - seemingly a lively poster) have questioned the use of
ASP and cgi at all - we'll that's exactly my situation. I've also found
alot of leads in the right direction, but no final answer (or mysterious
ASP.pl program).

I've been unable to nail down an answer to the question:

Is there a way to run ASP as a cgi program (interchangably).

What are the steps involved to do that?

Thanks alot for the help,

Charles Dalsass
www.neptuneweb.com