On Sat, 13 May 2000, Martin Wood wrote:

> Missing the cyan and purple already :)
>
> Heh, not really, looks much more professional now - in the past I would
> sometimes close the guide down when management walked past as it looked
> non-work related from a distance.
>
> Not sure yet if I preferred the code and configuration snippets with a
> different colour background, did make it easy to find what your looking for
> when scrolling quickly, but overall a great job once again - and I'm sure
> I'm not alone on this list when I say "Thanks Stas for your efforts" :)

Thanks! I'll see if I can arrange back the distinct bg color for the code
snippets, some light shade of grey may be.

Special thanks of course go to Mark Summerfield and Ged Haywood who
spend a significant slice of their free time reviewing and correcting the
Guide. Thank you folks!

> Mental note - will have to snag the 1.23 HTML guide download when
> available - it was a real pain yesterday when I coudn't access apache.org
> (down for some reason? hacked again?).

Nope, the machine was restarted and httpd didn't start. It took a while
before the guy with the root password came in to fix it. This shouldn't
happen again. The "problem" was caused by Apache running for years without
any problems, so no one was prepared for a need to have a root access :)

Remember that if you want to grab the HTML version, you do:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install Apache::mod_perl_guide

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org