On Fri, 26 May 2000, Richard Dice wrote:

> Hello there...
>
> I was wondering, with the new Pg-specific support you've got going with
> Apache::Session, does it handle Pg blobs transparently?
>
> The regular limit on the size of a tuple in Pg is 8k, which can be a
> problem if I'm trying to put more than that into my Apache::Session
> tied hash.  (Yes, I do that sometimes.  It's a handy place to hide
> stuff, those sessions...)
>
> If that's not part of the new release, probably me and/or another guy
> I'm working with is going to code that up.  We talked about it a few
> days ago but wanted to wait until the new release to see what the status
> of this would be.

Yes it would be great to break the 8K (actually slightly less) limit, if
it doesn't hamper performance too much.  I read the docs on the Postgres
web site, but I didn't find anything interesting about blob support.

I would welcome a patch.  Are you trying to stuff GIFs into the session
hash? ;)

Regards,
Jeffrey