On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 12:00:45PM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Michael hall wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 01:36:33AM -0400, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, follow up question if I may.  :)  Are any of you using it with DBI and
> > > DBD::mysql?  I see on the Mason list that people are using it with
> > > HTML::Mason so that module is safe. :)  Looks like I'm gonna have to pull
> > > out that old Linux box and do a test on it. :)
> >
> > Using DBI, DBD:mysql, and perl 5.60 (compiled with -DUseThreads) here. Doug
> > was kind enough to post a couple of patches for DBI and DBD:mysql to get
> > them to compile (when using -DUseThreads). I wouldn't call it a production
> > server though since its very low volume, but I haven't had any problems
> > with it.
>
> did you forward those patches along to the authors?

Yes, and also posted them on the 'dbi-users' list. Other than a few requests
for them from others (which I sent them :-) I haven't had any response from
either Tim or Joachim (sp?). Just installed a new Mysql-modules the other
day, no changes I could see so I just applied your patch and compiled it
otherwise it failed with the same old stuff. Tim posted a message awhile
ago that there would be a new version of DBI coming out soon, hopefully
it'll incorporate some fixes.

--
Do I have to pee whenever I see this sign ? WET FLOOR...

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Admin - riverside.org                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>