hi,
   this could be a can of worms but anyhow here goes. Has anyone timed the
actual efficiency of Perl vs Java? Reason being is i wrote a state engine as
a perl module that seemed quite fast ~ 0.33 to 0.54 of a second for slurping
up values. With recall being about .25 to .35 of a second which seemed quit fast
to me. Then i was shown a jsp page which i really don't know much about..
reminded me actually of SSI syntax wise. Well it was doing the same thing using
Java persistance objects and seemed very fast. Any idea how the languages
compare as always trying to use the best tool for the job.
                                        TIA
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]