>> No wonder Nathan Wiger on Jun 29 said that,

NW] > NW] In any case, I have several questions:
NW] > NW]
NW] > NW]     1. Does a module like this exist anywhere?
NW] >
NW] > You may want to take a look at AppConfig module. It does provide
NW] > generic capability to parse various kinds of config file. But I'll
NW] > be a happy user to have more spesific Apache related in this regard.
NW]
NW] Yeah, I checked out AppConfig, and I actually emailed the author about
NW] modifying it a little so I could use it as a base class possibly for
NW] Apache::Config. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything back yet.
NW] AppConfig would be a great base class, the only problem is that:
NW]
NW] # it handles comments like this
NW]
NW]      # but not like this
NW]
NW] that's the only sticking point to not being able to extend AppConfig.
NW] Hopefully I'll hear something back from him. The fix is just the
NW] addition of a \s* to a regexp.

Yeah, at least the author could let the subclass to override
some aspects. The comment for example, smb.conf and php.ini
use `;' as well.

NW] > Apache::Config will be sufficient, IMHO, as later someone might
NW] > write another module, say Apache::Config::Deploy, that syncronize
NW] > the configuration of some httpds across some networks.
NW]
NW] Not bad - I like the idea for an extension.
NW]
NW] I'll keep plugging away on it then, hopefully the author of AppConfig
NW] will get back to me as that would help save some work, but regardless
NW] the parsing of the httpd.conf is not really that hard in and of itself.
NW] I'll use the name Apache::Config unless I hear otherwise.

So you may want to take a time to confirm the name to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

NW] Thanks again to everyone who responded for their input!

Good luck with the project!

san
--
trabasLabs * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.trabas.com