> > To keep it fast Embperl is written in C.
>
>       Unless you use mmap(2), you can't compete with the speed of
>       HTML Tree.  The only downside of mmap(2) is that HTML Tree must
>       be first in an Apache::Filter filter chain.

As far as I understand you you use mmap to read in the source file, is this
correct?

If this is true, then it will not make much difference, because reading in
the source is only a very small piece of all the time that it takes to
generate the output from a dynamic page. But I never said Embperl is the
fastest modules of all and I didn't have taken a closer look to HTML Tree.
So maybe HTML Tree is faster, but from the decription in the thread it does
not have all the functionalty that Embperl 2 have/will have (of course HTML
Tree will develop also).

My point was, that the C implementation of parsering and DOM tree
storage/caching, is much faster (uses much less memory) then doing the same
in Perl.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151