Angel,

      I recommend Apache::AuthCookie. This has worked really well for me, and
      allows me to use an HTML form which is much nicer for my users than the
      default dialog box.

      FWIW - I sub-classed AuthCookie to authenticate against an LDAP directory
      (using Net::LDAP) but you can use a RDBMS just as easily.

      You might also argue that it's more secure as you don't have to keep
      passing the username/password combination as you do with basic
      authentication but you should use SSL for hte authentication to be really
      secure.

      If you need to store session data, you can hook it up to Apache::Session.
      A combination which works superbly in my experience.

      Simon Wilcox.

>From   "Angel R. Rivera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Date      19:55:51   3 August
       2000