Angel R. Rivera ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect:
> I authenticate against a database but need to carry more information than
> just their name so if I have read the readme at CPAN correctely, this just
> may do the trick.  Thanks to all who have written me.  -ar
>
> >depending on how you're handling the session information you may be able
> >to just delete it in an appropriate action (/...etcetc/logout.html or
> >whatever).  In my case I'm using Apache::Session so deleting the session
> >means the next time the user accesses a page they're assigned a new
> >session which starts at ground zero.

If that is too heavy weight for you (sometimes all you need is one or two
bits of info and they're relatively static), you can put that info into
pnotes immediately after you authenticate. That makes it available for the
duration of the request, with a minimum of fuss.

(darren)

--
He who would trade liberty for safety deserves neither.