On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, mgraham wrote:
> Under mod_perl, I find inconsistent behaviour.  It works fine when a
> module is loaded via the PerlModule directive in httpd.conf.  However
> when a module is loaded via startup.pl, the package lexicals "forget"
> their values between calls.
[...]
> The strange thing is that this works when Foo is required in
> httpd.conf via a "PerlModule Foo" directive.  But when Foo is pulled
> in via a "use Foo" in startup.pl, $PACKAGE_LEXICAL does not keep it's
> value.

This sounds like a bad interaction with PerlFreshRestart and closure
variables.  Does it work if you turn off PerlFreshRestart?  Can you live
with that?

By the way, PerlFreshRestart is not supposed to be on by default, but
using mod_perl compiled as DSO causes similar behavior in recent versions
(1.22 on).

- Perrin