Perrin Harkins wrote:
> This sounds like a bad interaction with PerlFreshRestart and closure
> variables.  Does it work if you turn off PerlFreshRestart?
> Can you live
> with that?

Yes!  It works with PerlFreshRestart Off.  I think you're right - it
probably has something to do with the timing of when various bits get
compiled and executed.

> By the way, PerlFreshRestart is not supposed to be on by default,
but
> using mod_perl compiled as DSO causes similar behavior in
> recent versions
> (1.22 on).

I had it turned on for some reason.  Why should PerlFreshRestart be
on, anyway?  Ostensibly, it's so you can make sure that your modules
can survive a soft restart, but can't you also gather that from
'apachectl graceful'?

Michael