On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Rod Butcher wrote:

> I am looking to migrate a small modperl-based webhosting and ISP service
> from NT to some flavour of Linux. Are any particularly modperl-friendly or
> unfriendly or are they all much the same ? I'm fairly comfortable with
> Redhat, but I hear stories of packages being broken.
> Any feedback or pointers to discussions, articles etc would be much
> appreciated.

The stories has nothing to do with any particular distro. Most distros
come with apache compiled as DSO and that's where allmost all the woes are
coming from. Most of the users of mod_perl use a static version of
mod_perl, which you can build by yourself (see
http://perl.apache.org/guide) or grab the rpm from
http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html .

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org