"One or two mod_perlers could do the
work of a java shop of ten in half the time."

      Can we prove this ?

      Does anyone have any real evidence to support this claim.

      I hope so because I need to defend my use of mod_perl in developing the
      intranet site for my company ;-)

      All my experience suggests that this is true but sometimes the PHB's
      insist on the numbers.

      Simon.

               From           ed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            Date   26
September 2000

                Gunther Birznieks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    Time  20:50

      Copy to        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (bcc: Simon Wilcox/BASE/WilliamsLea)

      Bcc     Simon Wilcox/BASE/WilliamsLea

      Fax to

      Subject       Re: tracking down why a module was loaded?;

Gunther Birznieks wrote:

> I unfortunately have to agree.
> <snip>

> And in the end, the salaries for mod_perl programmers
> are pretty high right now because of it -- so will a system really cost
> less to develop in mod_perl than in Java if Java programmers are becoming
> less expensive than mod_perl programmers?
> </snip>

Mod_perl programmers are more expensive as individuals,
because mod_perl is more powerful, and allows you access
to the Apache API; mod_perlers are more saavy.
One or two mod_perlers could do the
work of a java shop of ten in half the time. Still a savings.
Not to mention the hardware that goes with Java by fiat!

ed

   This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
   legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing
   or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by
   replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
   use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or reply on this email.