Recently, one of my co-employees has been messing around with Zope
(http://www.zope.org) and I was wondering if there's a package that
provides similar functionality using mod_perl and Apache rather
than its own web server.  Specically, what I want to do is define
template web objects that can be rendered as web pages or inherited
by other web objects.  The end result is that I should be able to
define a stylesheet or web template for each defined object and
simply use scripts/CGI/what-have-you to populate the objects,
returning the HTML to the web browser.

I've looked at AxKit, and I'm not quite sure if it's exactly what
I'm looking for, especially since the development team I'm working
for does not have much XML/XSL experience and I'd like to keep it
as perl/HTML oriented as possible.  I've also looked at several of
the templating tools, but they don't look like they provide the
object-oriented aspect I'm looking for (or do they; anyone have
experience down that path)?

Any information, opinions, or experiences would be greatly appreciated
Philip

* Philip Molter
* DataFoundry.net
* http://www.datafoundry.net/