"Vladislav Safronov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I know it's very OT, but don't kick me I just need advice.
>
> I am going to work in a Web Company to write some mod_perl apps.
> They gave me a contract (I think the terrible one) which
> contains paragraph (among the others) that signs the rights to all
> inventions over to them.
> The problem is .. I have never sign such contracts and I don't know if it's
> "common" contract template that programmers sign when start coding for
> somebody.

It depends what you're developing IMHO.

I could care less about the sites I'm writing for and what they
do. What _is_ important is honing your skills and the techniques you
use. These are what I feel increase my value: the ability to do
whatever job better and faster.

I'm not likely to want to go out and do a ferry booking B2C site on my
own in the very near future...however, using the Template Toolkit as a
mod_perl handler is WAY up the list of Good Things.

HTH,

Dave

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org