I haven't dealt with CyerCash before, but have some ideas which I read from a
somewhat useful book I got for free (Phillip and Alex's Guide to Web
Publishing).

CyberCash is not reliable.  Perfectly valid credit cards fail auth at times,
and the service has a tendancy to crap out.
What the book suggested to do was to have a backend which goes and queries
new orders every x minutes and tries to auth them.  They are attempted three
times, and after that rejected (and credit card numbers yanked from your DB,
replaced with a CyberCash reference).  That way what the user sees is a
perfectly working system, not knowing that things are dead behind that.

My $0.01

Yann

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000, you (Ryan Adams) might of written:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to integrate CyberCash with a shopping system that we've
> developed in-house using mod_perl almost exclusively.  I haven't been
> particularly impressed with the way it installs.  We're on a Linux machine
> and it has a very NT-centric design, in my opinion.
>
> I have been able to get test scripts to run from the command-line and
> through
> basic mod_cgi execution, but I can't get consistent results when executing
> them via mod_perl ContentHandlers.  In looking through their library files,
> they are doing some IPC::Open2 calls to executables and some other pretty
> ugly
> stuff that may or may not be causing the problems.
>
> Does anyone have experience doing this?  What approach did you take?  Any
> good
> documentation?  I've read all the CyberCash stuff, but it hasn't given me
> the
> kind of answers I wanted.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ryan

Yann Ramin                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Atrus Trivalie Productions      www.redshift.com/~yramin
Monterey High IT                www.montereyhigh.com
AIM                             oddatrus
Marina, CA

IRM Developer                   Network Toaster Developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer