I was thinking about Phillip's approach, actually, but the technical details
in his
ACS system are all in Tcl for AOLServer.   Also, I'm not really excited
about the liability
involved in storing the credit card number in my database.

I decided to jump in and start hacking the CyberCash perl libraries and they
are full of
junk.  They don't use "use strict" and when I put it in all of them, it blew
up.  They don't
use scoping in any kind of consistent way and seem to have fundamental
issues
with perl syntax (They used $#Foo to find the size of %Foo - can you do
that?  I didn't think
so, and the interpreter didn't seem to either - wanted me to declare
@Foo...)

On a completely unrelated note, my picture is actually in "P&A's Guide to
Web Publishing".
I'm in the section about the dating game.  I'm the model they used (not the
girl... ;) the guy
in the suit.

Thanks for the input,

RYAN