On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, oliver wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:48:20 -0500 (CDT), Randy Kobes wrote:
> >It would be good to try to track this down ...
> >
> >- if you use a non-mod_perl apache config file, but simply
> >add in a line to load ApacheModulePerl.dll, does the problem
> >occur?
>
> Using the a stripped down httpd.conf, with just the line:
>
> LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl
>
> added, causes Apache to raise an application error after doing:
>
> net start apache
> net stop apache
>
> (i.e. starting and stopping apache as a service)

[ ... ]

It seems, then, and also from someone else on clp.modules,
that this is a problem with using apache/mod_perl as a
service - it seems OK starting and stopping apache from
the command line (with apache -k start/shutdown). The problem
also seems to persist with the development apache_1.3.13-dev,
which has some changes regarding services. I'm not sure what
to suggest for the moment, other than using apache from a
command window, if possible.

best regards,
randy kobes