On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Adi wrote:

> Have you looked at SOAP::Lite and the rest of the SOAP:: hierarchy on CPAN?
> They may not be of direct help if you've already got a home-grown XML transport
> protocol, but it might give you some good ideas.  And, it may save you lots of
> time in the long run if you can convert your home-grown XML system to use the
> SOAP standard.
>
> BTW, has anyone played with these SOAP modules much?  Specifically, are they
> well-written / optimized for mod_perl?

I've played a little bit with SOAP::Lite. Its a great concept, and just
seemed to work, except in certain cases, for example you can't pass a DBI
handle over SOAP, obviously, and the same goes for globs and
filehandles. But other than that its almost transparent!

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **