Hi all,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> > From: G.W. Haywood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > If it's a huge amount of data and you don't want to bloat your
> > processes, why not pass a tempfile name/pointer/handle in $r->notes
>
> or (easier) just place a reference to a variable containing your data in
> pnotes instead of notes - that way a reference, and not the data, is passed
> around.  the data has to exist somewhere, but now you only have one copy of
> it...

If the data is in a Perl variable somewhere Perl will already have
grabbed enough memory to store it.  Won't Perl then just keep that
memory until the child dies, even if you undef the variable containing
the data?  My idea was to avoid this cause of process bloat.

If the data isn't in a Perl data structure is this always safe?

73,
Ged.